Saturday, August 29, 2009

Double Life

I remember the night of my crowning, Miss Nebraska 08 Gretchen Bergquists advice to me was to be flexible...

Just like any job, as a state title holder you wear many hats. Juggling various duties and responsibilities. However, this year my hats also include sporting a reporting cap and crown!
Many of you know, in addition to my full time job as Miss Nebraska I am also a reporter at the ABC affiliate KLKNtv in Lincoln, NE. I am so incredibly grateful to the station as well as the Miss NE board for understanding the importance of both jobs. Each group has been so accomodating and understanding and flexible with scheduling.
The juggling of 2 jobs (that I love by the way) is providing for a unique experience and spin on this amazing year.
I love reporting for the same reason I love the job of Miss Nebraska. I get to come in contact with and talk with all different sorts of people with various backgrounds and experiences.
On the other hand,the nature of the 2 jobs can create a lot of highs and lows. Last week was a very intense week to say the least. In my first week back since Miss Nebraska I was thrown back into the fire; covering a stand off, swearing in of Nebraska's Adjutant General and a tragic vehicular accident.I am by no means complaining about the dual schedule merely reflecting on how these 2 separate jobs are interwoven and how they are shaping my year, and me, as a person.
This year, more than ever, I know the people and situations that come into our life are put there for a reason. I'm learning you have to approach the joyous days and the tough days with open arms. Taking each experience, each appearance and each story as an opportunity because I get to do this!
With love,
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment