Friday, June 4, 2010

#1



You don't have to be afraid
To put your dream in action
Your never gonna fade
You'll be the main attraction
In my Victory
Just Remember me
When I make it SHINE


Congratulations to preliminary talent winner Devin Howell! What an entertaining piano piece! Also, a big congratulations to Teresa Scanlan for her breathtaking presentation in evening gown.

Preliminary Night One=Success. We truly could not have asked for a better way to kick off the competition! The production numbers were spectacular and the contestants were simply amazing! I'm so proud of each and every one of them. All week long I have been the glorified cheerleader and self-appointed Mother Hen and that is because I am truly so proud of each and everyone of these young women. They are all so unique and I know that any one of them would be a fabulous representative. I was more nervous last night than I was last year competing! In numerous interviews I have been asked "who is going to take it? Who will win?" and I honest to Betsy, whole heartedly and utterly do not have a clue! What I do know, is these ladies will continue to shine it on. I'm enjoying my last 24 hours as Miss Nebraska and have been surrounded by all of the people I love the most. I'm truly enjoying every last minute! I even got inducted in to the "cool kids" club aka the hostesses inner circle. They awarded me with frosting(my fav) and a rhinestoned spoon. I feel so honored. Although I'm having a blast, that doesn't mean the waterworks haven't set in... I teared up at Rotary, cried at the parents brunch, my video. Yada yada yada. They are happy tears I swear. I will get it together.
All for now! Stay tuned!
BACKSTAGE SHENANIGANS





1 comment:

  1. Brittany,

    You have been a wonderful role model for Nebraksa girls. Thank you for your positive attitude an role model

    ReplyDelete