Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Next Chapter





Life in the Aftermath
It's been awhile since I last blogged. Almost 3 months in fact! Some of my friends had urged me to write, not as a "former" but more just for some commentary. Maybe someone will read this or maybe it will end up in the abyss that is the interwebs, either way, here it is.

This blog started off as a documentation in my journey and travels as Miss Nebraska 2009. Well that crazy/wonderful train is over and now its time to ease into some new adventures (or in my case, dive head first!) Closing the chapter of Miss Nebraska my phone is no longer buzzing like a doorbell on Halloween, I don't have to haul a moving closet and tiara in my car with bobbypins and sharpies on hand at all time. A lot of people have asked me if I miss it? In some ways yes, but mostly...no. I don't mean it in a callous way, more in a fulfilled/I did what I needed to do sort of way. It is really nice to just breathe. be. I've never been very good at that, but I guess this is the best time to figure it out. So even though the venture was incredible life goes on. Hallelujah. I know we always find ourselves in transitions and while typically they are uncomfortable this is far from it. Its glorious. I'm enjoying being on the other end of things and serving as a volunteer to the wonderful MAO program as opposed to being the "Miss". So here is to taking off the tiara... and moving on...


When it comes to transitioning into the workforce full time again, working at the tv station is fabulous. I'm stilling trying to find the perfect balance of caffeine and sleep to manage the 2:50 a.m. wakeup call but anchoring the morning and midday with Luke has been a blast thus far.
Oddly enough I've still had about two different speaking engagements or volunteer opportunities a week. This summer I was busy helping out with the Gold and Silver Awards ceremonies for Girl Scouts and gearing up to be a Studio 2-B Youth facilitator at Park Middle School this fall. I helped out with fundraising for the new recreation center in Ogallala and have been attending weekly Kiwanis meetings. I was thrilled to helped out with the Dancing with Stars Benefit for the Lincoln Midwest Ballet Company and the Nebraska Broadcasters Association gala.

Its been awesome to be able to spend some real time with friends and family too. I've got to road trip with some of my besties to weddings this summer and gear up fora dear friends wedding this fall with multiple showers.


Speaking of weddings.....



The biggest announcement...I'm ENGAGED!! Yep, I'm getting hitched. Not sure when or where but I can tell you to who, and he's wonderful. Perfect for me in fact. Charlie proposed on July 29th at a park in Lincolns Haymarket and every day before and since then has been awesome. We are a work in progress when it comes to the logistics of the big day but I think we have the important part right! For now we are just trying to enjoy the engagement and the planning! Thanks to everyone for all of the love and congratulations.

So there you have it, thats what is going on in a very condensed nutshell. I'm leading a "normal life" whatever that really means. haha who am I kidding?

1 comment:

  1. Super-Hair DID stop by today - and your hair impressed us. (Again!) Especially the picture with your mother - jaw-dropping. :----O

    ReplyDelete