Tuesday, November 9, 2010

NEV comes to NEB

Aside from providing a platform in which to promote "World Peace" (joking) the most incredible aspect that the Miss America Organization has to offer is the caliber of women involved and the friends you make while involved. Honest Abe, the women I competed with locally and nationally are some of my dearest friends. At the top of that list is Christina Keegan, or as some of you know her, Miss Nevada 2009. She's just Nev to me! Love the girl. In addition to being my buddy, she's also good friends with my fiance. In fact, Christina had a hand in helping Charlie pick out my engagement ring. Sneaky, sneaky.

So I was thrilled to get a phone call that she was going to make a pit stop in Nebraska to visit me on her trek to New York. It was a quick trip but it was awesome to get to catch up and to plan our reunion with all of our other favorites at Miss America in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment