Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Still trying to stay busy...

When I first started working the 3am to noon shift for the morning show, my first inclination was to nap all the time when I got off of work. However, I started feeling like a troll maintaining the work, sleep, work, sleep pattern. Never seeing the sun isn't fun so no more of that business. Volunteering has helped to fill in the afternoon hours and after having an action packed year last year, I am ok will a little time juggling. On Mondays I volunteer at the Boys and Girls after school program where I am a Girl Scout Leader for an awesome group of middle school ladies. From service projects to field trips, you name it and we do it! The Boys and Girls Club held its annual "Trivia Night" at Duncan Aviation in Lincoln on November 5th and so I was thrilled that I was asked to parlay my volunteer work at Park Middle School in to hosting Trivia Night. Former Husker, Aaron Davis and I had a great time reeling off movie trivia at the fundraiser.




In October I was honored to get to emcee the Miss Omaha/Miss Douglas Co. Pageant. This is an incredible pageant and I'm particularly bias towards it because I was a titleholder here for 2 years and Marianne is like family to me. It was great to catch up with and root for all of my gal pals. It was also wonderful to chat with Miss NE 2010 Teresa Scanlan. We usually chat on the phone since she is busy zooming all over the state so it was great to see her in person! Teresa is doing an A-MAZING job, I'm so proud of her and am loving watching her year as it unfolds. Watch out Vegas, Nebraska is coming!





I was one of the celebrity judges for "Lincoln's Got Talent" to benefit the Lincoln Community Playhouse. Here with Steffany, the incredible young twirler/dancer! She took first place in the teen division.











No comments:

Post a Comment